- SHOT Show 2013 Releases
- Field Case for iPhone 5 Released
- Magpul's LEO Sales Policy Update
- Magpul's LEO Sales Policy Update
- MS4 Dual-QD Sling and PMAG 10 AR/M4 GEN M3 Released
- PMAG 30 AK MOE Magazines and Rail Light Mount Announced
- Patent Infringement Lawsuits Filed
- Magpul Sues Over Sale of Counterfeit MBUS PRO Back-Up Sights
- Magpul MBUS Pro Back-Up Sights Now Shipping
- MOE K2 Grip and 1911 Grip Panels Now Shipping
- Magpul 2014 Calendar Now Shipping
- Bump Cases and Mossberg Shotgun Accessories Now Shipping
- Field Cases for iPad Mini Now Shipping, Samsung GALAXY S4, GALAXY S3 Shipping Early December
- Rail Light Mount and PMAG 10 LR/SR GEN M3 Now Shipping
- MS1 Sling Now Shipping
- PMAG 30 AK MOE, MIAD 1.1, Updated MOE-K
- Announcing the MSA-QD and ASAP-QD
- Updated MOE-K Grip Now Shipping
- Now Shipping: Field Case for iPhone 5c, Executive Field Cases for iPhone 5s and 5c, New Bump Case Colors
- Now Shipping Stealth Gray Parts and PMAG LR/SR Accessories
- PMAG 25 LR/SR Shipping, PMAG 30 AUS Announced
- Announcing the M-LOK System
- Magpul seeks Declaratory Judgment
- MOE PROMOTION AND PRICE REDUCTIONS
- Now Shipping: ASAP-QD, MSA-QD, and Paraclip Adapter
- Announcing M-LOK Rail Sections
- Now Shipping: Field Case for iPad Air, GALAXY S5, and Nexus 5
- Now Shipping: M-LOK Cantilever Rail/Light Mount, Light Mount V-Block & Rings
- Now Shipping: AFG-2 and RVG M-LOK Adapter Rails
- Now Shipping: MOE SL Stock, Grip, and Hand Guard
- Price Reduction on Carbine Stocks
Magpul Sues Over Sale of Counterfeit MBUS® Pro Back-Up Sights
BOULDER, Colorado — August 13, 2013
Magpul Industries Corp announced today that it has filed trademark infringement lawsuits against persons and entities offering for sale, selling, and distributing counterfeit MBUS® Pro Back-Up Sights in violation of Magpul’s trademarks.
Magpul has not yet released the MBUS® Pro to the market and there are presently no means by which production models of the MBUS® Pro could be legitimately acquired or sold. The expected release date of authentic MBUS® Pro rifle sights has not yet been announced.
The company’s lawsuits allege that the defendants were offering for sale and selling counterfeit MBUS® Pro sights on gunbroker.com and eBay.com. These lawsuits, provide yet another example of Magpul’s dedication to protecting its valuable brand while sending a warning to others attempting to profit from Magpul’s innovation. Magpul spends significant resources to develop safe, high quality firearm accessories.
Not only do counterfeit products harm the company and its customers, but they present a safety concern. “People who use Magpul products have high expectations and a great deal of trust regarding the quality and amount of thought put into every design we release.” said Duane Liptak, Director of Product Management and Marketing for Magpul Industries. “Due to the nature of the products that we make, and the fact that the counterfeit copies are not held to the same high quality standards as our product, our foremost goal is customer safety. Preventing a commercial consumer, law enforcement officer, or military servicemember from unknowingly purchasing a counterfeit product, thinking it is the genuine, dependable article, and then having a failure of the inferior product in a life threatening situation is a primary concern here.” Magpul is dedicated to protecting its customers, its products, and the company, and will take action as appropriate to combat the sale of counterfeit goods.
Magpul will vigorously defend its intellectual property to protect its brand, its reputation, and its customers. The lawsuit is part of the company’s proactive efforts to combat the unlawful production, distribution, and sale of products that infringe on its valuable intellectual property rights, and present a hazard to consumer safety. Because of the genuine risk to consumer safety and to consumer trust of the brand, Magpul will continue to pursue a policy of legal action against those who sell and distribute counterfeit or infringing product, as well as domestic or international manufacturers of such product, despite the fact that the total costs associated with these efforts are significantly higher than any potential monetary recovery.
Founded in 1999, Magpul was launched with the intent of developing innovative devices to aid in the manipulation of rifle magazines while reloading under stress. The company’s name comes from this original product called the Magpul®. Over the last decade Magpul has continued to grow and develop using much the same mission and process with a focus on innovation, creativity, and efficiency.
Duane Liptak, Jr.
Director of Product Management and Marketing