- SHOT Show 2013 Releases
- Field Case for iPhone 5 Released
- Magpul's LEO Sales Policy Update
- Magpul's LEO Sales Policy Update
- MS4 Dual-QD Sling and PMAG 10 AR/M4 GEN M3 Released
- PMAG 30 AK MOE Magazines and Rail Light Mount Announced
- Patent Infringement Lawsuits Filed
- Magpul Sues Over Sale of Counterfeit MBUS PRO Back-Up Sights
- Magpul MBUS Pro Back-Up Sights Now Shipping
- MOE K2 Grip and 1911 Grip Panels Now Shipping
- Magpul 2014 Calendar Now Shipping
- Bump Cases and Mossberg Shotgun Accessories Now Shipping
- Field Cases for iPad Mini Now Shipping, Samsung GALAXY S4, GALAXY S3 Shipping Early December
- Rail Light Mount and PMAG 10 LR/SR GEN M3 Now Shipping
- MS1 Sling Now Shipping
- PMAG 30 AK MOE, MIAD 1.1, Updated MOE-K
- Announcing the MSA-QD and ASAP-QD
- Updated MOE-K Grip Now Shipping
- Now Shipping: Field Case for iPhone 5c, Executive Field Cases for iPhone 5s and 5c, New Bump Case Colors
- Now Shipping Stealth Gray Parts and PMAG LR/SR Accessories
- PMAG 25 LR/SR Shipping, PMAG 30 AUS Announced
- Announcing the M-LOK System
- Magpul seeks Declaratory Judgment
- MOE PROMOTION AND PRICE REDUCTIONS
- Now Shipping: ASAP-QD, MSA-QD, and Paraclip Adapter
- Announcing M-LOK Rail Sections
- Now Shipping: Field Case for iPad Air, GALAXY S5, and Nexus 5
- Now Shipping: M-LOK Cantilever Rail/Light Mount, Light Mount V-Block & Rings
- Now Shipping: AFG-2 and RVG M-LOK Adapter Rails
- Now Shipping: MOE SL Stock, Grip, and Hand Guard
- Price Reduction on Carbine Stocks
- Now Shipping: MOE 1911 Grip Panels with TSP Texture
- Now Shipping: M-LOK MVG, Offset Light/Optic Mount, QD Sling Mount, and Bipod Mount
- Taking pre-orders now for the 2015 Calendar
- Now Shipping: M-LOK Polymer Cantilever Rail/Light Mount and Rail Sections, T-Nut Replacement Set, and M-LOK to MOE Adapter Kit
- Now Shipping: BEV Block and Armorer's Wrench
- Now Shipping: Precision Rifle Data Book 2.0 and Quick Reference Cards
- Magpul Obtains Judgment- Plinker
- Magpul and ProMag Settle Patent Infringement Lawsuit
- Now Shipping: AK+ and K2+ Grips
- Now Shipping: M-LOK Forends and M-LOK AFG
- Now Shipping: MBUS Pro Offset
- Now Shipping: iPhone 6 Field Case
- Now Shipping: The Complete Art of the Firearm
- Now Shipping: MS1 Padded Sling
- Now Shipping: New Magpul Apparel
- Now Shipping: New Magpul Ballcaps and Beanies
Magpul sponsors truck in Breslau Rallye
June 26th - July 2, 2011
Wroclaw, Poland to Dresden, Germany
OK we have kept this quiet for the last few months because we were not too sure if it was going to happen.
About 4 months ago we found out our local Unimog expert, Jay Couch of Couch Off Road Engineering, (the guy responsible for the Magpul MBUS Mog build) wanted to race in the Breslau Adventure Rallye we thought..hell..if anyone can win it. Jay can.
The Breslau Adventure Rallye is second only to the famous Paris/Dakar in terms of size but is far more brutal for off road vehicles.
When we heard that this would be the FIRST AND ONLY US entry in THE HISTORY of the race we signed up immediately as primary sponsor for the team.
Four insane months and two missed shipping dates later, “Bam Bam”, the Rallye Mog, emerged from the workshop and headed out to Europe arriving in Germany via air freight on Sunday.
The truck uses a standard Mercedes Benz 1985 U1700 Unimog Frame but with a good old USA Cummings 24 valve turbo diesel as the powerplant. The power is turned up so much that the custom intercooler is the size of a small bed!
Stock axles were swapped out, exo-cage was added, quadruple bypass reservoir shocks installed, secondary radiator and a full drivetrain pressurization system was added to put light air pressure to the axels, transmission and transfer case. Even the engine starter was pneumatically plumbed to prevent water from entering. For more technical details download this.
The race starts this Saturday in Wroclaw, Poland and assuming all goes well with the Customs department in Germany, we'll be there to represent the USA in the land of pierogis, brats and men’s shoulder bags.
Starting this week we will be posting to our blog and Facebook the journey, including the efforts up to this point, and the racing update of the Magpul Rallye truck as it makes its way from Frankfurt Germany to Wroclaw, Poland to what we hope is a placing finish in Dresden, Germany.
Our original Magpul MBUS Unimog.